Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Nokia Suite launches instead of PX
Sorry, English is my only language. This is my first post to dvbtechnics.

When I try to run PX (by double-click on ProjectX91.jar) it opens Nokia Suite which is for my old phone instead of PX.
How can I open PX instead please?
Hello PXozy,

try the following:

- single click on ProjectX91.jar with right mouse button
- click on "open with"
- select "Java™ Platform SE binary"
- check "Always use this app to open .jar files."
- click on OK.

Best regards

akapuma
Thankyou akapuma. I was just about to send a solution that I discovered myself when I got your suggestion.

I tried rt-click on ProjectX91.jar but the option to "open with" and select "Java™ Platform SE binary" was not listed (only NokiaSuite).
Then I uninstalled NokiaSuite and tried rt-click on ProjectX91.jar and the option to "open with" and select "Java™ Platform SE binary" was now listed and PX opened. Now I could also open PX by double click on ProjectX91.jar

Now I have re-installed NokiaSuite  and when I rt-click on ProjectX91.jar there are three options. They are  "Java™ Platform SE binary" which is listed twice and the other is NokiaSuite.
The default opener now seems to be NokiaSuite but at least I can choose Java.   I have not made Java the default for all .jar files in case it interferes with other programs.
Normally, it should be no problem make Java to the default for all .jar files. "jar" means "java archive".

Best regards

akapuma
OK and thanks. That will simplify everything.

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen...
Thema Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
  Nokia 9902 Datein in Topfield TF4000PVR umwandeln! mister_no 1 2.441 11.12.2003, 19:43
Letzter Beitrag: TheHorse

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste